I am looking for help at the Winnipeg Signatures Craft Show Nov 18-23, which is located at the Winnipeg Convention Centre. A background in retail sales would be appreciated, but is not necessary as long as you love Small Potatoes products and can help show customers why they are so fantastic and why they'd make excellent gifts.
This craft show is extremely popular and busy throughout the day. I'm looking for someone who is enthusiastic and reliable.
If you are interested, please contact me immediately, email@example.com
Sunday, October 17, 2010
Thursday, September 30, 2010
October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month. To aid in the fight against this horrible disease, I am donating 30% of the sales from all Nursing Covers to the Canadian Cancer Society this month. So if you’ve been thinking about getting a Nursing Cover, now’s the time to do it. Do you know anyone who’s expecting? This amazing product makes a wonderful baby shower gift. For more information or to donate online, click here.
Tuesday, September 7, 2010
Wednesday, August 25, 2010
Friday, July 9, 2010
It's time once again for awesome world-acclaimed music, whales tails and mosquitoes, yes, the Winnipeg Folk Festival is on now till Sunday. Small Potatoes has set up shop for the next three days at the Handmade Village. There are lots of dresses, hats, limited edition guitar t-shirts (which sold out very early last time) bibs, nursing covers, Binky and Drinky Leashes, barrettes, blankies, and more fun stuff. Come check out all the new summery fabrics and say hi (and bring me one of those freshly squeezed lemonades!)
Tuesday, May 25, 2010
It's been a loooooooong time coming, but finally, my new website is up! Phew, there have been many a late night, many a blue word, and many a fist pounding on my keyboard (okay, really just one fist that did lots of pounding), but it's up and I'm really quite happy with it.
I hope that you will enjoy all the new features:
• Product Catalogue Individual product listings with larger fabric swatches or product photos.
• Photography Adorable new faces for you to oooh and aaah over.
• Fabrics and Ribbons Scrumptious new designs for boys, girls and “not sure yets”.
• Gift Certificates Finally, due to popular demand.
• Permanent Cart Any products added to your online cart remain there until you remove them, or check them out.
• Address Book We can now deliver your products to another address other than yours! This is perfect to send birthday gifts direct to the birthday-person themselves.
• Gift Enclosures Free, for when you want to have an order shipped directly to another recipient.
• Order History View your history of purchases that you have made with us.
• Products Reviews We love your feedback! Share your opinions on products with our other customers.
• No Shipping If you live in the Winnipeg area, you can now use the coupon code, NO SHIPPING if you would prefer to pick your order up.
And hey, just 'cause you're reading this, I'm a gonna give you a secret coupon code because you rock and you roll for supporting me through all this. Use the coupon code YOU ROCK for a 15% discount off your next purchase.
Wednesday, April 7, 2010
My last post was what seemed like an infinite to-do list. I'm very happy to say I've checked a few things off the list. Thank you to everyone for bearing with me while I try to get myself organized. I can't wait to share the new website (with tons of new adorable photography by Ian McCausland) with everyone once it's done. Hopefully in the next few weeks. Stay tuned!
Wednesday, March 10, 2010
Because my awesome sister loves me and is one of my "unofficial" (read: unpaid) partners in this crazy business, she reminded me that I'm way overdue in posting something on my blog. There's a lot of stuff going on "behind the scenes" right now, which is why I haven't had time to post anything. So here is my to-do list so you know what I'm up to and what you can look forward to in the coming days/weeks...
- set up a photo contest to scout baby models for photo shoot in April
- determine and sew products for babies to wear at the photo shoot
- cut, sew, package and ship incoming online orders
- cut, sew, package and ship incoming store orders
- add the amazing new fabrics that I have for Spring to website
- rebuild website to a new content managed system (with my brother’s help) so I can offer coupon promotions and better shopping cart service
- do my taxes (personal and business)
- organize my sewing room so I can move around in there
- send out new Spring line sheet to retailers
- accounting (boo!)
- work 7.25 hours at my day-job
- don't forget to be a good mom and wife
- get to bed before midnight